Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What am I so afraid of?


So today I went to see my counselor that I have seen for over three years. She is awesome and has helped me through many tough times in life. I absolutely adore her. I was talking to her about how things are going extremely well for me at this stage of my life and that conquering weight loss is my biggest challenge to date. She then said to me, "What is it you are so afraid of?" as if I had an answer for her. She said "what would be the worst thing to happen if you lose all the weight and reach goal? and I could not think of a single "worst scenario" type thing, other than having to purchase new clothes, and that would be a good thing. However it really got me thinking, is it fear of something that is holding me back? I mean, I am kind of a goal setting, list making, OCD type gal that gets things done, so why all this heartache over losing weight? Now I am in need of an answer. As I said yesterday, I know what needs to get done, and I know how to do it, so, why then do I not do it? I am not lazy. I am not afraid of hard work. I have done it before. Why then now, at my heaviest weight of life can I not get it together enough to be the best me I can be? Hmm... this is truly something for me to ponder further.

The picture above is my most recent goo looking picture. It is from my graduation day (may 21st) and in it is my mom, me and my aunt. See how tiny they are, and how not tiny I am.

I am worth it and I deserve the best in this life. I am gonna figure this out and be the best me!

No comments:

Post a Comment