Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm Still Here




I’ve not disappeared.

I’m still here, plugging along, working on feeling my best and continuing to be the best me I can be.

Since I have returned from my vacation, I have gained and lost-gained and lost the SAME 6 POUNDS at least three times. As of last week, I am fully recommitted to my Weight Watchers plan. I am still in search of the best meeting and time, but I have not given up.

I have also had a little bit of a recurrence in my health issues, but I don’t feel the need to elaborate just now. I will say that the week prior to Thanksgiving I was required to have an additional ultrasound due to some crappy circumstances, but again, it turned out to be OK. For now, I am just hoping that all will remain clean and I will not need to have another uterine biopsy, so please send out love and light in my direction.

My Thanksgiving was wonderful. For the first time ever, we decided to go out to eat at Mariani’s, as I wasn’t feeling like shopping and cooking this year. It was truly magnificent. I was able to sleep in, drink my coffee slowly while watching the parade and actually take my time in getting ready. My brother and his girlfriend also came along. We didn’t have to set up or clean up, just show up. It felt absolutely brilliant! I did have my share of mimosas and champagne, which is a little unusual, but definitely fun.

Glenn turned forty eight last weekend and we helped him clean up the garage, per his birthday request. It was super low key. He wanted me to make him some chicken fajitas, sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies, so that’s what I did!

The most exciting thing that is currently happening in my life right now is that for about five years I have been composing books for children with the thought that I would someday become a published author. I don’t ever mention it because it has always seemed like more of a hobby or simply a dream as opposed to a reality. Lately though things have been changing, I’ve been meeting people that have not only encouraged me to pursue this dream, but have actually helped me to make some connections in the publishing world. I have not one, but two upcoming meetings with some reputable children’s authors and publishers in the next week or so. Each meeting is a little bit different, for different aspects of writing, but both are avenues to obtaining the same outcome. The thought of all this actually happening for me is completely consuming. I suppose if I were never to try, I would never know.

It’s funny where life leads you. You just need to be aware of the signs, follow the leads and “trust” that inner guidance because that “gut feeling” is real.

Follow your dreams, shoot for the stars and never ever stop believing in your highest potential.

Cheers until next time-

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. "Follow your dreams, shoot for the stars and never ever stop believing in your highest potential."

    Love that! Woo Hoo... so cool that you might get some of your work published. That is following your dreams! Good to hear from you again. :)

    Take care!
    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete