Saturday, July 23, 2011

I Am Shrinking And It Feels So Good!


Greetings all,

I know it has been a little while since I have posted, but remember this is all new to me and I am simply trying to use the blog as another source of accountability. So, last week I opted not to weigh in for the first time in three months. The reason being that I had the worst food week ever and I personally did not want to see a gain as I know it would crush me. The week leading up to my decision consisted of a wedding shower where I ate a cupcake and some pasta, a Friday night pizza party, a trip to Santa Cruz that included some fudge and assorted candies, along with various other "treats."(see above, we had our sweet little nephew for the week) Needless to say, I was not feeling the weigh in. I chose to skip it, forgive myself, start fresh again and move forward in my plan and that is exactly what I did!

I did weigh in though yesterday and came out with a 2.5 pound loss, so all is good with the world now:) More importantly I made a discovery that has brightened my days and re-sparked my motivation. My daughter and I are addicted to this vintage dress website where we order SO MANY THINGS!! (the UPS man knows us well) On the site, each and every dress has a measurement chart for precise sizing, so we have our handy dandy tape measure at our sides all the time. My daughter, Sarah, ordered something really cute that I have had my eye on and I asked her if she would mind if I had the same thing. Of course she did not, as long as we don't wear them at the same time, cool...done and done. However, I have been practicing a bit more reserve lately as I do not want to order this great stuff that will fit now for only a short time. So I decided to order it in a smaller size while it is now still available. I took my measurements for my waist and hips, 34 and 44 inches, great, perfectly proportionate! Sarah then asked me what were my measurements when I started. Hmm... I did not know. I ran to my room to look up the starting weight paperwork and found that my waist and hip measurements in April were 38 and 48 inches! HOLY CRAP!!! I have lost 4 inches in both places, significant inches, and I am only halfway to my goal (actually 2 pounds away from halfway). No wonder nothing fits me anymore. I may lose 4 more inches in each place. Wow, I feel so good about this! I should also mention that I had to buy new bras this week. I am no longer wearing a 40G, but a 38DDD! Every little bit counts.

I also want to add a very special announcement. I am finally below 200 pounds for the first time in a very long time. If these monumental changes are happening to me now, just think how great I will feel as I get closer and closer to my goal?

I am very proud of me!

I am off to have another successful, productive and positive week.
Y'all should do the same-

Live, love, laugh and lose-
Lisa


2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you Lisa! Was wondering how you were doing. GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, lady, how's things going???

    ReplyDelete