Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Me!

Here it is, the first day of the new year, 2013. I plan on having a wonderful year. 2012 felt like a long a difficult year, especially the end of it. I'm hoping that this fresh start will be good for all. I am going to attempt to document my life in a place that is accessible to others, in hopes that my sharing will be of assistance to those that are interested.

 In 2011, I took drastic measures to lose weight, and I was successful in losing approximately 40 pounds. I was not able to maintain that entire loss as it was not done in a healthy, sustainable way. I am determined this year to obtain the best, most realistic way of becoming the healthiest me possible.

Yesterday I sat down to tear out magazine pictures in order to create a "vision board" for the new year. I wasn't even sure what it was going to be about. My plan was sort of a non-plan to just pull out pictures that were meaningful to me. It quickly became apparent that my new year vision board was about getting my body in the best shape possible, as most of the pictures and phrases that were calling out to me had to do with healthy eating and exercise.

 I'm not one to make resolutions (mostly because I think that every day is an opportunity to be your best) but I am determined to be the healthiest me I can be and this is the year I am certain I will obtain my goal.

 Last year I spent a lot of my time reawakening and developing a deeper spiritual side of myself and I feel that in doing so, it has put me in a place that is more in tune with my physical body, my heart, and my soul. I have absolutely become more sensitive to how my body feels in response to specific foods and stress. This is certainly a blessing in that it has changed my view of the past ultimate goal of simply "losing weight" to rather "gaining health."

 This year I commit to gaining health and being the best possible me I can be. Please join me and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment