Sunday, January 6, 2013

Vision Board and more!



I thought I would share the vision board I completed yesterday. It feels strange for me to call it a “vision board” but that is the way it was introduced to me. I see it more as a wish list for the New Year, a compilation of the things that are important to me. 



First, let me say how wonderfully therapeutic it felt to cut out and configure all of these fantastic images, phrases and little cutie things that I enjoy. It was truly a labor of love. I did not want to complete this undertaking. I also discovered (what I already am aware of), or rather confirmed that I prefer the written language as compared to images. It seems that I found more phrases and words that were meaningful to me than I was able to find pictures. I think because I can envision my own images that are connected to the phrases and my own view and/or imagination is far more creative than what I was able to find. So, as you can see, my “wish list” is full of significant positive affirmations that speak directly to me.

This project was so much better than simply creating a list of resolutions (and I like to make lists) because it made me use my creativity. I can visualize seeing myself doing this each year, creating my own tradition and reflecting on the past years progress/fruition etc. 

I don’t know how well you can view all of the small things on my board, but I am sure with careful observation, you can see what is on my mind for the coming year. I really wasn’t even sure of what it was I was going to add to this board until I began looking, but now it all makes perfect sense. Now after completion, I am ready to list my main aspirations for the coming year.

Here goes:
  • Save money $; Now that I finally have a professional position doing what it is I have trained for, I want to build my savings up so that we as a family can afford to do things that we enjoy as well as better prepare for unexpected setbacks. I also want to continue to outright pay for my children’s education so that when they get into the real world they are not burdened with debt.
 
  • Health: this includes continuing to eat clean and healthy, incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my daily intake, remain accountable by weighing in each week at my Weight Watchers meeting. Though I have changed my view from solely weight loss focused, I am on a quest to continue this weight loss journey. However, it has become so much more to me. Now it’s about feeling good as opposed to just looking good.
  • Exercise: I am the first to admit it; I can easily become lazy and accustomed to doing nothing if I have nothing to do. I do, on the other hand appreciate how good I feel when I am exercising and taking care of my body. So this year, I plan to make myself do the things I love, including yoga, bike riding, walking, attending my gym, (Sherri’s Gym…the best gym in the world for ladies) where Sarah has joined with me as a great buddy incentive, and someday attaining my dream of becoming a runner.
 
  •  Being in the best shape of my life: mind, body and spirit. Mind you, I like to look like a sexy pin up girl in my bathing suits, but I also need to have a calm, quiet and focused mind so that I can continue working on me and living my best life. I plan to continue my spiritual/angel work and even have a new venture in mind! I’ll update as it unfolds.
  • Vacation/Travel; I sure love to have fun things to look forward to and vacation is one of the most encouraging and motivating ways for me to stay on track. Having something ahead that is fulfilling really keeps me going. It gives me a chance to spend concentrated time with my busy, busy children. This year I am taking all of the kids (my kids + their significant others) to Disneyland for a long weekend of fun, since we’ve been talking about it forever. Another plan is that I am scheduling a trip to Las Vegas for Glenn and I as I have a good friend from high school that is getting married in April, so of course I plan on attending and seeing all of my old friends. I am also in the works for a 10 day Hawaiian get-a-way during the summer since I have two graduating seniors this year and our family really likes Hawaii. Who knows what else will pop up? For now, I’m just keeping an open mind.

There are plenty more “little things” that are incorporated into the board, but that’s the gist of it. I feel confident that these are all realistic and attainable goals that I will be able to achieve in the coming year. It looks like a mighty fine year ahead for this girl!

So please, do yourself a favor and make a wish board for the New Year and if you do, please share with me.
If you don’t ask the universe, you don’t get!

Dare to dream. Set your sights high and shoot for the stars-

Live, love, laugh-
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment