Monday, June 13, 2011

Random Thouhgts

So yesterday it was finally a nice sunny day here in my little place in the world. I decided to wear shorts for the first time in forever. I had cleaned out all of my clothing drawers fairly recently and had given away all but three pairs of my shorts. I kept the smaller pairs of shorts as I thought I could still wear them for a bit. I was wrong! I tried them on one by one and each pair were far too big. It was as if they belonged to someone else. I suppose they did belong to someone else...the former fat me. I should also add that I now need a complete new round of undergarments, pajamas and many other things.

My sweet husband told me to head out and find some new things. This girl never needs an excuse to shop, so off I went and I was able to find two new pairs of shorts in a size 14! It was kinda weird and fun to be shopping in the regular women's department as opposed to the plus sized department. I am feeling good and just thought I would share.

On another note, this morning I taught water aerobics for the first time in a long time. It was so much fun. I used to teach it at the YMCA and when I stopped teaching it, I wrote down my routine in a journal just in case I ever took it up again. Well, I located the journal sometime last week and placed it on top of my jewelry box for safekeeping, knowing that this week I would be teaching. Since we have been having so much work done around here and last week the painters were here, I packed it up and thought my journal was in the garage in a box of my personal stuff. Of course being the procrastinator I am, I didn't even try to locate it until last night when I discovered that my sweet hubby brought it to the storage. Needless to say, I had to wing it today. Luckily for me, I've still got it!

Until next time-
Live, love, laugh and lose~

2 comments:

  1. How lovely to have a good excuse for a new wardrobe! Who do you teach water aerobics to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Optifastblog,

    I teach water aerobics through our local adult education department, mostly to senior citizens. It is fun and definitely rewarding. I wish you well in your weight loss journey. Optifast works!
    Best-
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete