Thursday, June 2, 2011

On My Mind



Hmmm...

Tomorrow morning will be my first weigh in on the Medifast plan, my seventh weigh in since starting a VLCD. I'm not sure what to expect and it makes me a little bit nervous. I really do not anticipate a big loss as I am not exactly making such drastic changes in terms of calorie intake.

I am rather considering this an adjustment period for my body. My hope is that I will have a small loss as opposed to a small gain, especially since this is the first week I have eaten real food in almost two months. I have been following this plan to the tee and feel confident that this is definitely a better choice for me. I am very happy to have made the decision to switch over to Medifast. I feel that I can do this for an indefinite amount of time and I do not feel that I am "missing out" on anything.

This week has been a mix of learning new things and navigating my way around social situations. For instance, I have been tasting and determining what foods I like and what foods I do not like so much. I have been able to gain some insight from various other bloggers and am appreciative of the tips and tricks that I have found. I'd like to especially thank Margene for her waffle recipe made from MF pancake mix. That is soo... good and I really like it with a little healthy fat peanut butter on it. I've also found that I do not like the vanilla anything from MF because it seems to have a weird flavor. That is very unusual for me as vanilla is one of my favorite flavors. I've yet to make any of the hot drinks that I purchased, but maybe later today.

Last weekend, I attended a BBQ where I thought I would just visit and then go home to eat, but as it turned out, I was able to eat a big hamburger without the bun and a big salad. It was satisfying and I felt that I was participating in the festivities. It was fun and I felt in control of my actions while staying on plan.

Beyond all that, we are working on some major home improvements around here and we have had contractors in and out all week. It has been quite a busy and hectic week, but definitely productive.

And, as promised, I have included my weigh in chart, so you can see my progress:

Weigh In Results

Starting weight 232.8

1st Weigh In -8lbs 224.8 -8lbs

2nd Weigh In -3.1 221.7 -11.1lbs

3rd Weigh In -2.7 219 -13.8lbs

4th Weigh In -4.4 214.6 -18.2lbs

5th Weigh In -1.6 213 -19.8lbs

6th Weigh In -2.4 210.6 -22.2lbs


I'd like to add that my weight prior to that starting weight was 235, and my all time highest weight was 246. So as you can see, I am making great progress and it feels so good!

I will add to this chart tomorrow and hopefully it will be a minus number-

Live, love, laugh (and lose)~

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Ok girl .... I am wondering how you are doing. I hope you didn't have a setback. If you did, don't feel bad, I did too once I added food back in. I hope the reason you failed to post was life was way too busy to allow it. Waiting to hear how you did. ~~Shonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having just started Optifast (I'm in week 3) it's really interesting to read about people who are starting to add "real food" back into their diets!

    ReplyDelete