Thursday, May 26, 2011

Boredom , BE GONE....


Dolphins are a Rogers Family favorite!

Good news!

Today will be my last full day on the optifast program. I can't even tell you all how completely bored I have become with the shakes. Though there are three flavors, I am limited to only two of them, as I am allergic to anything with red dye, so strawberry is out. My only choices have been limited to chocolate or vanilla. I tell ya, it will be a long time before I want to drink chocolate milk of any kind.

As of today, I have been following on full liquid formula for six weeks. During this time I have lost almost 25 pounds, which I think is exceptional! I am very pleased with my results and impressed with the program. I am also happy with my decision to switch over to the Medifast program. My food arrived yesterday and it has been sorted through and shelved. I am so excited about having more choices, and even more excited to eat a real dinner with my husband and children each night. I understand that part of the optifast program is to remove choices as to not create difficult decisions for some, but the thought of remaining on that formula for ten more weeks is just too much for me to imagine. I am just getting through today and dreaming of dinner tomorrow night. I think we are planning on going to the Fish Market for some good food on plan.

Since Friday is my usual weigh in day, I plan on starting my Medifast plan tomorrow morning so that I will be on the product for a full week by the following Friday weigh in. I think it should be interesting to see how successful I will be, as I am coming from one low calorie consumption program to another. Really I am just hoping to continue my losses each week and ultimately reach my goal. It would sure be nice if I could reach my goal by my birthday in late October. However, I prefer not to place a timeline upon obtaining my goal, but rather consistency. Remember "Slow and Steady Wins the Race"? (no race though)

Also, in early August, my sweet husband is taking the family and I on a dream vacation. We are spending a few nights in Oahu to put around and soak up the island life before boarding a Hawaiian cruise ship for seven more nights. I CANNOT WAIT!! I love Hawaii and we have not been back in over six years. It should be great because our children are older and are each bringing a friend. This way, they can all do whatever they choose and so can we! We are also bringing my mom and I am excited about that. She is tons of fun, especially on vacation. It feels good to be able to do something so nice for her. My husband is truly the best guy in the world. So, that trip is a little better than two months away and I really hope to lose another 25-30 pounds before we go. I think it is a realistic goal. Any loss more than that would be fantastic, but I'll take whatever comes.

Not only is losing weight quickly a huge motivator, but having a tropical vacation on the horizon is definitely a driving force in obtaining a healthy weight. I feel that I am well on my way and there is no stopping me now.

Tomorrow is my weigh in and I anticipate another two pound loss, bringing me to a loss of just over ten percent of my starting weight. I will post my results at that time. I have been working on a weight loss chart to post like others I have seen, but since I am technologically impaired (politically correct description) I need to recruit the assistance of one of my children.

This whole blog thing is new to me and I am figuring it out little by little.

If anyone knows how to help me add my ticker, please offer instructions:)

Until tomorrow-

Live, love, laugh and LOSE!,
~Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Lisa!!

    Woo Hoo... thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I love to make new friends and I'm excited to follow you on your journey! Do you have a "coach" for your medifast program? I love the food choices and I've been so happy with the program and so happy with losing my weight! It sure makes life more joyful. Love the dolphin pics and I'm so jealous you're going to Hawaii. How cool is that! I've also been married for 22 years and have a FAB hubs too!

    Good luck starting tomorrow. Remember to Drink TONS of water... and eat every 3 hours (no skipping meals). I have lots of lean and green ideas as well as Sandy from Sandy's Kitchen (I see you've found her too). She's got amazing recipes. Best of luck!!

    God bless...
    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete