Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Workin' It




I like to work out on most days, plain and simple. I try to mix it up as much as possible. My week usually consists of three trips to the personal trainer, two aqua aerobics classes (though they are on break right now), several walks, my recumbent bike as much as possible and when the weather gets nice, I like to ride my Super Deluxe Electra Cruiser!

It's funny though, because there are some days (many really) that I just don't feel like doing anything. I suppose this is true of many people. I find that if I make a promise to myself to do something, I am always pleased that I did and I have never regretted exercising or working on my health. I also find that once I get going, I am reminded of how much I actually like to work out and take care of myself. It really takes some planning and effort though.

I have two Australian Shepherd/Cattle dogs that require a lot of activity, so they are great walking partners. Even when I take them to the dog park, I walk around the perimeter of the park to get in some exercise. I've tracked it with my super duper omron pedometer and it is a fifth of a mile. It is also a good time to catch up with my sweetheart.

What prompted this exercise post is that Adult Education wants me to start teaching some water aerobics classes. I did not even go out looking for this job, but I suppose sometimes good things happen when you least expect it. I used to teach water aerobics at the YMCA about five years ago and I have always loved it. So now, not only will I be workin' it, I'll be getting paid to do so! Sounds good to me.

Make a promise to yourself and get out there get moving!

Live, love, laugh-
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment