Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Eventful week

So, I know I have been gushing about the plan and how successful I have been. I truly am in amazement at how simple and effective this plan is. I have never in my life felt so good about losing weight. It seems that the quick weight loss gives you more motivation because you are actually seeing immediate results!

I know that there are several components to the success, and in my life they include first and foremost my immediate family; Glenn, Sarah and Alex, (my husband and children). They have been incredibly supportive and I am in a good place at home with them. I also have the support of my mom and my aunt, who have been cheering me on since I told them of my new venture. I have a personal trainer that I meet with three times a week and she too is aware of my weight loss plan. She has been helping me to build muscle and shape and tone my curves. I have told several friends and all in all this "team" of support that I have built has proven to be positive.

Then there is the MWM program itself. Though I love the staff that works there including the facilitator, doctor, program manger etc., and the program as it is laid out, I have been struggling with the cohort I was placed in. I was making a couple of friends and tried to see the best in everything, I just couldn't get past the fact that out of a ninety minute period, our particular class spent at least sixty of those minutes complaining about anything and everything. It seriously began to drag me down. I kept telling myself, "it has to get better, next week will be better" but that never happened. I was so down this week after the meeting that I decided I did not want to return. But thinking that made me feel like a loser (not a weigh loss loser, but rather an I am giving up type loser).

I decided to look for an alternative. I searched out private clinics that provide optifast programs and I found three in my local area. I spoke to Glenn about my new decision and as always, he supported me. I really thought that I could just switch over to a private clinic, until I saw that they were all pushing supplements and vitamin injections. I am absolutely not interested in any of that. By the end of Saturday night I was feeling kinda bummed because I really wanted to continue in this weight loss journey, but I really did not want to return to that grouchy cohort. I needed a plan.

I'm not sure how I decided on the newest plan, but on Sunday I woke up with a newer mindset and had a plan of action. I was going to switch over to Medifast!! I had looked into it before and somehow it was fresh in my mind on Sunday. So, I made an appointment with my personal doctor for first thing Monday morning to tell her of my plan and to see if she could do all of the medical monitoring for me. She agreed and was pleased with my decision. I currently have an appointment scheduled to get my bloodwork done on this coming Monday morning. I am pretty pleased with my new plan.

Now, I am working on finishing up my optifast product, which should be complete by next Thursday. I have ordered my Medifast foods that should arrive next week sometime and I will make the switch as of next Friday before the holiday weekend. Medifast is very similar to optifast in that is is a calorie controlled, protein rich, nutritionally balanced plan that produces quick, safe, effective weight loss. The difference is that optifast is completely liquid (shakes and soups) whereas Medifast has many more choices for meal replacements and one lean & green meal per day. This means that you are allowed to eat a protein source and a big salad or steamed vegetables for one meal per day, whether it is lunch or dinner. WOW, this is big news as I can then go out to eat, BBQ with family and friends and more importantly eat dinner with my own family each night!! I am so excited.

I almost forgot one of the best parts. I have been assigned (per my own request) a health coach. She happens to be someone that has lost weight on the Medifast program and is now helping others achieve their goals. She called today and her name is Sonya. She is super nice and I am happy to add her to my "healthy new me" team!

You can bet that I will be bar-b-queing over the Memorial weekend-
Cheers all-
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Lisa ... it took me a while to find your comment to re-do your connection. Glad I finally found you. :) Keep up the good work. Hope this new plan works well for you. Glad you have the coach. I am sure that will help a BUNCH! :)

    ReplyDelete