Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weigh In Results 5/20/11

Here are a couple of recent pictures of me in my workout gear, just after working out with my fab trainer:)

Greetings-

Well this week I have lost 2 pounds. This is my smallest loss thus far, but is still a loss so I am happy. As long as I am moving in the "less of me" direction, all is good. I am starting to feel more and more confident as I am slowly shrinking. Even though it is only 21 pounds so far, I can feel a significant change. Many of my old dresses and jeans no longer fit. I have been packing up things as soon as I notice that they are too large, as I plan to never wear that size again!

Earlier this week, I packed up my favorite yellow dress for the goodwill, and even though I never want to wear it again, I felt kinda bad. I love yellow and I loved that yellow dress. So, I went out shopping and I found another, smaller, yellow summer type dress. It fit well and looked great. It was a size 14. I brought it home and showed my sweetie and he asked why didn't I get it in a smaller size? Hmm... good question. I thought about this for the rest of the evening and decided that he was right. Do I want to wear this cute yellow dress right now for maybe the coming month, OR do I want to get one in a smaller size that is closer to my goal and can wear in the future and for much longer? Very, very insightful pondering on my part. I decided to return the dress and get it in a size 10. So I did, and while I was there I bought another dress in turquoise in a size 10. Gotta have something to strive for.

Lastly I need to point out that my shoes are even becoming too big. Especially the strappy type summer sandals that I love to wear. I think my feet were just fat and to compensate for that I was buying shoes a size or half size up. No more size 10 shoes for me. No more size 9.5's either, but rather my true size 9's.

I am and have always been a girly girl and I think wearing a dress is such a wonderful part of being a woman. I spend most of my summer in sun-dresses and cute sandals. I used to have so many great options in my closet, but now that I am melting away and giving away all of my clothes, it feels strange, bittersweet I suppose. It feels a like I am getting rid of some old friends. Not with everything, but definitely with some of my old favorites. Now I need to sort through my shoes and clean them out. I see a shopping spree on the horizon!

I guess I will just consider it the cleaning out of the old, fat me and the renewal of the new, healthier, more confident me! I suppose I will just have to shop and find some newer smaller favorites!

Until next time, I am finishing up the optifast and waiting for the medifast to arrive. I can't wait to eat a real dinner. I am finding many great blogs from others that are sharing their fabulous recipes as well as their successes.

Live, love, laugh and lose-
~Lisa


2 comments:

  1. Good Job Lisa!! A loss is a loss! I know because since I started eating ... I have had weeks where there were O pounds lost. Like last week. :( I am moving on and hoping for a loss this week. If not ... I may be going back on full formula until I reach goal. The same 40 pounds to go ... I hope a minus 2 is in my future. :) .... Shonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shonnie! You are always so inspiring as well as encouraging. I hope that tomorrow brings you a loss also. It looks as if you have been extremely active in the past several weeks on your bike and such. As for the formula, best luck with that. I have become extremely bored with my limited choices, but am still plugging along!Keep it up and best to you-

    ReplyDelete